Tuesday, March 26, 2013


Tuesday, March 26, 2013

One of the great losses to the retail panorama of Anchorage was Liquidation World.  Liquidation World is a Canadian company with only a few retail locations in the USA.  Other than stores scattered over Canada, a lone store remains in Spokane, WA, and I’m sure the Spokanish aren’t even appreciative.  As the name implies, Liquidation World liquidates all kinds of retail merchandise from furniture to hardware to clothing and food.  They always had the best deals and variety on picture frames and paint.  I bought my wallet at LW.  Actually, I liked the wallet so much that I bought 2 identical exemplars at the same time for $4.00 each, and I wish I had bought 10.  My last wallet is wearing thin.  It has that old-leather smell and the perfect display of credit card and ID slots on both sides and enough room for bills in the billfold section. It sags to the sides these days and has a small hole in the fold.  Even the lining is getting tired.  It may not last through the end of the decade.  I have looked for a comparable model and have failed to find one, even at 10 times the price.  A lifetime of regret can follow an unfulfilled opportunity.



1 comment:

Jonathon said...

I also remember those cd cases you had gotten at the dump. You could have had a trash an full but you got 10. Strike while the iron is hot so they say.