Saturday, March 23, 2013


Saturday, March 23, 2013

I opened my eyes this morning to the shadows of broken light creeping in the window; light broken by feathery shapes drifting past the source of the light.  The curtains are pulled on all but one window, and it took me a while to realize that snow was falling.  We've had two weeks of beautiful sunshine, misplaced from it’s normal time slot in January, and yet we’re glad it came.  You see, January is known for its beautiful clear days and it cold and crisp nights.  This year we call that March.  March days are like hot taffy pulled at both ends, lengthening into picturesque sweetness, striped with snow and sun and springtime play.  March days make me alive again; the rebirth of ambition flooding over me while the snow is still too deep to make me serious about accomplishing anything productive.  Time to play.

2 comments:

Sarah and Chris said...

My goodness. Waxing poetic aren't you?

Anonymous said...

dad - i'm loving this! the language that you use is very poetic and makes me feel that i'm there and can see what you see. thanks for writing again - i really enjoy reading your posts! :)
- becca