Friday, March 22, 2013

OK.  I don't blog much.  I am therefore at least temporarily repurposing my blog.  The ordeal of coming up with pictures and text and editing them into place was more than I could whip myself to do.  After all, there was undoubtedly something more important to do.....like do you know that we are on Season 9 of Grey's Anatomy?

Anyway, I began reading a book the other day about writing.  The book advised sitting down each morning and writing for 10 minutes.  No more.  I thought that anyone could write for 10 minutes.  Another author was telling someone how to write a novel.  He said, "Write a page a day.  In a year you have a book."  I'm going for the 10 minute solution for now.

Anyway, to have a place to keep this journal, what better place than my blog?????OK, well it's not too private and now I'm writing for an audience instead of just me.  But what the heck.....So,



Thursday, March 21, 2013

Head pounding like an internal, syncopated drum.  When I went to bed, I imagined I had taken enough meds to get me through the night, but 4AM came anyway, and when the sign-off last night was almost midnight, not much healing was happening.  Expansion in my brain can’t be a good thing.  Messy.  It  would just be messy if I started to leak, and yet leaking would be better than keeping the pressure bottled up inside. Not leaking of CSF or blood; just a little every-day mucous.  It is amazing how much we make and don’t even know it.  Between head and throat and lungs and gut and even the colon and rectum, there has to be a gallon a day.  And today, my whole gallon is in my maxillary sinuses.  The ache is in back of my neck and on top of my head, but the special pressure is in the sinuses….like the old joke about the guy with big lips  having a  tattoo  on the inside; Inflate to 30 pounds.” Or maybe Goldie Hawn.  Someone stuck the hose in  and connected it up, but forgot to stop at 30 pounds…and that has me wondering, what is the maximum?  40? 50? 79?  I don’t know, but like I said, if it were to feel better, it would be messy.


1 comment:

Sarah and Chris said...

That was a very descriptive way of sharing your state of being at the time. I am sorry you were sick. I am starting to feel a bit down with what I believe is the start of allergy season. The buds are getting bigger and I bet by the time I get back from Arizona it will be green outside!