Monday, March 25, 2013






Monday, March 25, 2013

This July will mark complete our 20th year of living in Alaska.  At what point you are no longer considered a cheechako, I’m not sure, but I think we are getting close.  The weather and the scenery are the two favorite topics of conversation of outsiders, along with the length of the days, the fishing, and the animals.  And maybe Sarah Palin.  Today, the weather dominates our thoughts.  Each year when winter seems that it blown it’s last frigid breath, we get a final lesson.  A foot or so of snow in one storm is traditional in late March or early April.  The weather prophets are predicting 12-18 inches and we are at about 3 or 4 so far, but it is finally snowing quite resolutely.  The flakes have been about the size of the ground oatmeal I put in my cookie dough last night, and it  takes a lot of them to amass inches.  But there are a lot of them, so I guess we will see.  


No comments: